ISGLC 2019 Conference Information
Printable brochure for your students
February 8 – 9, 2019
Holiday Inn Des Moines Airport/Conference Center
Des Moines, IA
The Iowa Student Global Leadership Conference (ISGLC) is for international exchange students at high schools in Iowa and the high school friends they invite.
ISGLC is a valuable opportunity for students to share ideas, understand different cultures, and make new friends.
Since 1995, ISGLC has brought together Iowa high school students for a 2-day conference to foster interaction among students from diverse cultural backgrounds.
2019 Program Highlights:
- Get-aquainted activity
- Discussions on global issues
- Fun activities like swimming and dancing
- Cultural sharing
- Keynote presentation from "The Dean of Travel"
- Lots of friends and lots of fun
For more information, please contact Jill Goldesberry at the Stanley Foundation, 563-264-6857.
Applications must be submitted online at www.isglc.org before November 30, 2018.
- $35 per student.
- Meals, entertainment, materials, and shared hotel rooms are provided by the sponsoring organization.
- Two bus routes have been established to transport students.
- Transportation is not guaranteed, but we will try to accommodate those living more than 50 miles from Des Moines.
What do I need to attend ISGLC?
- Get permission from your host family.
- A high school friend who has an interest in global issues may be invited to attend with you. Talk to your international exchange agency representative if you would like to bring a friend.
- Your agency representative will submit an application for you by November 30, 2018.
- The participation fee is $35 per student. Make checks payable to the Stanley Foundation.
- A Permission Statement and Code of Conduct form must also be submitted.
Space is limited and acceptance to the conference will be based upon representation of exchange agencies and diversity of students. Once you are accepted, further information will be sent to you about the conference.
ISGLC is sponsored by the Stanley Foundation in cooperation with various international exchange agencies.
Many exchange agencies assist with ISGLC each year. The agency representatives invite students, help them with the registration process, and secure volunteer chaperones for the event.